As Operations Director, you report to the Managing Director, are a member of the Management Team and have the ultimate responsibility for the operations processes of IHC Services. You ensure that all projects are delivered in time, on spec and within budget and further optimize and streamline client orders that fit into the product portfolio. The focus will be on continuous improvement in operational excellence, optimizing business processes related to Software, Assets and Supply chain and enhancing the portfolio of IHC Services products.
As Operations Director, you lead the Product Cluster managers, SCM managers and the SHEQ Manager, which have teams to assist them in their daily operations. Next to that you will hold a key position in making judgments and decisions while dealing with the (healthy) tension among product optimization, client satisfaction, and operational excellence.
We are looking for a candidate with vision and entrepreneurship, who can switch easily among strategic, tactical and operational issues. As an ideal candidate, you have a strong sense of setting up and optimizing service business processes. Communication and cooperation are key to making a difference. You know how to influence and adapt to different situations. You have a well-developed sense of responsibility and business sensitivity, and you know how and when to delegate work to keep control of the more complex issues at stake.
To be eligible for the position of Operations Director, you must have the following profile:
- master level education (WO) is required and preferably in combination with an MBA.
- proven track record of experience with development and improvement of service and other business processes ideally gained via an operations management role and an operations consultancy in relevant industries.
- at least seven years of relevant (international) experience in a similar role.
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- experience in a sector with a high focus on services and operations management like automotive, aerospace, aviation and FMCG is a pre.
- experience with concepts like lean, six sigma, business process optimization, ERP implementations, etc.
- ability to apply best in class practices and tools into tangible implementations relevant for services, resulting in concrete improvements for business processes.
- ability to lead both product and process managers, encouraging and guiding them to realize their potential.
- result-driven mindset and the ability to engage people in order to achieve set targets and to act as the right hand of the Managing Director.
- ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and lead them in a non-hierarchical context.
Please note, an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Operations Director a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Operations Director and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit http://www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As Operations Director, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Date Updated||Thursday 24 October 2019|
|Contact||Mr. Sander Morijn|
|Telephone||+ 31 (0)88 015 4444|