Marine Systems Engineer
Do you have experience in the Basic Engineering/design of Marine Systems within the Shipbuilding industry? Are you a technical talent with solid knowledge of marine systems who wants to play an important role in the development process of innovative projects? Are you someone who can translate the client's wishes into technique? Then apply now!
As Marine Systems Engineer, you’ll deliver, with a team of machinery specialists, a product where the design and costs are in balance. You will seek to optimize the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment of complex vessels.
Furthermore, you have the following tasks:
- Translate client specific wishes into manageable projects, taking into account classification and authority requirements,
- Developing P&ID’s and engine room arrangements;
- Delivering all kids of calculation of pipes, pumps and fittings,
- Producing piping, appendage and fitting lists;
- Writing specifications and reports;
- Communicate with other disciplines and external parties such as classification societies.
As Marine Systems Engineer you meet the following requirements:
- BSc. or higher in Mechanical / Marine Engineering or equivalent;
- +5 years’ experience as a Marine or Systems Engineer within the Shipbuilding industry;
- Of which +3 years’ experience in basic engineering of new build vessels;
- Experience in developing P&ID’s and engine room arrangements;
- Affinity with complex work boats;
- Knowledge of relevant requirements of classification societies and authorities;
- Analytical, independent, organized, flexible and a team player;
- Strong communicator;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Dutch is a plus.
Our client is a globally recognized brand with an excellent prospect and successful philosophy. With its headquarters in the Netherlands, the company operates in multiple locations worldwide offering a wide range of maritime services. Shipbuilding activities of this leader in the sector include building workboats, offshore vessels, special vessels, patrol craft, cargo ships, dredgers and fast ferries. The company supplies equipment for a variety of vessels such as FPSO’s and pipe layers. Involvement in that segment spans from new construction to repair and maintenance. Concept design and engineering are performed in-house.
Our client is known for their professional culture and a strong focus on innovativeness. The combination of engineering, design and manufacturing all under one roof ensures that the company is able to deliver equipment for projects worldwide in a timely and cost-effective manner. Due to their vast scope of international related projects the organization is characterized as a dynamic and internationally oriented environment.
+31 (0)6 8161 9425
Middle Point is an international recruitment specialist for professionals within the yacht building, shipbuilding, and offshore energy industries, and numerous suppliers within the maritime industry.
Due to our extensive network and market knowledge, we have a thorough insight into current project vacancies and permanent positions within the Dutch and German markets, enabling us to offer you a wide range of career opportunities.
We are always looking for:
- Naval Architects
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Interior & Exterior Architects/ Designers
- Project Managers
- Site Managers
- Amongst others
What Middle Point can offer you?
Check our website: www.middlepoint.nl/en
Check our current vacancies: www.middlepoint.nl/en/vacancies
|Date Updated||Tuesday 11 June 2019|
|Function category||Engineering | Technical|
|Company name||Middle Point|
|Contact||Ms. Alicja Walentkowska|
|Telephone||+31 (0)6 8161 9425|