Naval Architect Yacht building
- Drafting, coordinating and technically evaluating the NA design supplied by third parties;
- Holding responsibility for internal and external communication for the review & implementation of the design and ensures the information flow;
- Performing and reviewing all NA calculations (stability, weight, resistance & propulsion, gross tonnage, etc.);
- Performing and evaluating tank tests, noise and vibration analyses, FEA and delivering approved stability booklet, takes part in dock & sea trials;
- Setting and implementing standards for sea trials and inclining tests;
- Drafting commercial documentation for quotations and open offers;
- As a Naval Architect you lead in matters related to the quality of work and you are liable for the accuracy, reliability and stability of the shipbuilding design;
- Staying up-to-date with developments in statutory regulations of different authorities in relation to NA as well as with the latest developments in NA and yacht design, propulsion, materials, and outfitting;
- Planning the scope of work and milestones in relation to technical requirements;
- Guarding the confidentiality of data and information.
- 8+ yrs’ experience as a Naval Architect within the Yacht Building sector for 60+ meter Yachts(must!);
- BSc or higher in Naval Architecture from a research university;
- Experience in performing all relevant calculations & tasks;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written);
- Strong communication skills, charismatic, persuasive and tenacious.
Apply without account
Since our start in 2007 we have developed into the specialist in recruitment and contracting for the international yachtbuilding, shipbuilding, offshore, hydraulic engineering and maritime industry. As Recruitment Engineers we create with professional passion and commitment the right connection between the possibilities and wishes of engineers and our relations. The engineering of recruitment is our profession in which we see to a well guided acquaintance and cooperation on the basis of our know-how and overview.
Cooperation is also the defining strength of our team. Irrespective of our specialization, focus or role we work together to create the best opportunities and solutions for engineers and organizations. We are Recruitment Engineers!
|Date Updated||Tuesday 12 February 2019|
|Function category||Engineering | Technical|
|Company name||Middle Point|
|Contact||Ms. Marina Monogyiou|
|Telephone||+31 6 1430 9022|